Friday, August 24, 2012

Dawn, Pie and Red Photo Spam

As promised, photos of the crew.  I used my new iPad, and I can't say it was altogether a great photo shoot experience.  The iPad is difficult to use as a camera - hard to hold up and see what you're getting - but it might work better as a video camera, but I don't know.

Anyway, after a lot of cropping and editing, I got at least a few photos that are useable.  So here goes . . .

The only good photo I got of Dawn - she was surprised to see me and even more surprised to see me holding up an odd rectangular object:


A couple of pictures of Pie grazing:



Red grazing, with a flipping up tail:


Red demonstrating how flexible a horse neck can be:


Pie again:


The two boys together - this shows the differences in their builds and colors (somewhat - the exposures don't really show the contrast - Red is a deeper and brighter red than Pie, whose color is also fairly rich) - Red is in front and Pie is in back:



Red trotting in from turnout:


And airborne Pie trotting in down the hill:


* * * * * *
It was a good day with horses - I rode all three.  Dawn coped well in the morning - she still cannot tolerate being on cross ties in the barn aisle if no other horses are around, but she did very well otherwise and in our ridden work.  We ended up with a walk around in the mare pasture.  She's definitely in heat, based on her interactions with a gelding who's in a paddock next to the pasture - she's still in the squeal and strike phase.

Red and I had a nice walk and trot session, where we did about 3 minutes total of trotting, and then finished with my leading him on pasture patrol around the (empty) mares' pasture.  Pie and I did a nice pasture ride with two other boarders and then did a bit of arena work at walk, trot and canter using cones.  A good day with horses, indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment